*****NOW GET A MASSIVE DISCOUNT ON FIRST 15 SEATS IN SUPERSAVER CATEGORY UNTIL 10.05.2019*****
This two day course is part of a five-day paediatric audiology course that includes:
- a two-day infant ABR training on 1st-2nd July 2019
- a two-day long paediatric assessment and hearing instrument verification/validation practical workshop on 3rd-4th July 2019
- a one-day workshop on holstic approach to paediatric amplification
Individual days are bookable.
1st-2nd July 2019 TWO DAY INFANT ABR TRAINING COURSE
This intense ABR course will have significant practical element and is designed for anyone who would like to start performing the electrophysiological assessment in babies referred from newborn hearing screening program. It will also be suitable for someone who has been performing electrophysiological assessment for some time but would like to refresh their knowledge of the basic and advanced principles of ABR testing.
This course is made up of two hours long pre-course webinar and two-day face to face training. However, we recognise that the two-day training can only provide someone with basic competency to perform the assessment and clinicians will need an ongoing support to be able to develop further confidence in ABR testing in their clinic.
Every delegate participating in the course, will receive an expert support to review all your ABR traces and provide mentorship for up to six months after the face-to-face training.
Main speaker:Jason Smalley, Specialist Audiologist, Evoked Potentials Clinic, Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK Additional speaker: Dr Jay Jindal Au.D., Consultant Audiologist, London, UK
Recommended pre-course work: to observe 1-2 ABR tests with colleagues
- Pre-course webinar: 2 hours • Brief anatomy related to evoked potential testing •Greng Introduction to the NHSP ABR, CM, and ANSD guidance documents available on BSA website https://www.thebsa.org.uk/
- Recommended pre-course reading: NHSP guidance on ABR/CM/ANSD
- Recommended post-course work: to perform 3-5 ABR tests under supervision
- Post course mentorship with ABR traces peer review facility included for 6 months
Learning objectives: Delegates will learn about
- Identifying the major anatomical correlates of ABR
- Understanding the NHSP recommended procedures for infant ABR
- Understanding the steps in performing infant ABR (AC, BC, masking)
- Tackling noise and artefact in ABR testing
- Making a time-efficient ABR testing strategy
- Performing cochlear microphonics testing
- Performing diagnostic testing for ANSD
- Reporting of the results
Contact us for more details.
Download the booking form here: TUPAC Booking Form