Jay has clinics at various sites in Kent to provide clinical audiology services for hearing and balance disorders, and ear protection consultancy.
With his training and vast experience, Jay has helped a large number of clients with the care and compassion everybody deserves. This includes people with hearing and balance impairment in all age groups. In fact, the youngest person he saw for a hearing assessment and hearing aid prescription was a two weeks old little baby. The oldest person he has seen, was a 106 years old former boxer. He considers it a privilege to be able to work with such a vast age-group.
Jay has a degree in speech therapy as well. This gives him a clear advantage in understanding the communication issues that can arise irrespective of hearing. For example, he once identified a gentleman with comprehension problem known as ‘receptive aphasia’. This client was deemed to be a poor user of hearing aid as he was not able to understand the family, despite having two hearing devices.
On another occasion, he identified a specific issue known as ‘wide vestibular aqueduct’ in a school age girl that can cause fluctuating hearing loss. This young lady was believed to be ‘making up’ her hearing loss when she presented with different hearing levels on successive tests.
Following clinical services are offered:
- Hearing assessment for children (0-16 years) and adults
- Hearing aid prescription for children (0-16 years) and adults
- Balance and/or dizziness assessment for children (7-16 years) and adults
- Ear wax removal via microsuction (3 months-16 years) and adults
- Auditory processing disorder assessment for children (7-16 years) and adults
- Tinnitus assessment, information and advice
- Noise protection devices, DIY plugs, swim plus, music plugs and sleep plugs for all age groups
Contact us here for booking an appointment today
Read my article on ‘Caring for your child’s ears & hearing’